- 3/4 lb. each round steak and flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 4 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Salt (if desired)
- 6 large whole-wheat pita pockets
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- shredded lettuce
Cut the round steak and flank steak into three pieces each. In a large bowl, whisk together next eight ingredients. Add meat and stir well, then marinate in refrigerator for 1-3 hours, stirring after each hour. Grill the steak about 10-15 minutes, turning often. Place tomato wedges on a metal skewer and grill until warm. Place one piece of steak, 2-3 tomato wedges and lettuce into each pita pocket!
6 Servings Made:
Per Serving (with round steak):
395 Calories, 43g Protein, 42g Carbohydrate, 6.2g fat!
Per Serving (with flank steak):
408 Calories, 35g Protein, 41g Carbohydrate, 11.9g fat!